Box 337, Gilbert, AZ 85299 USA
WHO IS KAY SEVER
- Certified Management Consultant, Change Coach, Mining Improvement Specialist, 35 Years in Mining
- Thought Leader and Change Innovator for Value Stream Management and Performance Optimization.
- Creator of TRUTH, TRUST & TONS™, the world’s first value stream management training and tactics program for management teams.
This unique hands-on program teaches VALUE STREAM MANAGEMENT:
- Expands management decision criteria to include data on “profit potential” (required for profit maximization).
- Connects management to its role in shaping corporate culture and maximizing asset capacity across the value stream.
- Develops “horizontal” thinking and encourages management choices that “break the bonds” created by organization charts.
- Offers training and tactics are learned interactively and deliver results in weeks, not months or years.
- Opens the door to “full optimization” across the value stream for sites and corporate.
- Sets the stage for true profit maximization (what your company is capable of achieving).
- Includes an ROI – A problem causing significant losses is tackled/solved during training, often exceeding the cost of training.
Where Opportunity Meets Experience!
Kay partners with organizations to identify, value and capture lost opportunity and remove the organizational barriers that prevent sustainable change. Her simplified approach to improvement gives clients repeatable common-sense processes for increasing productivity, reducing costs, solving problems and changing a culture. She has over 35 years of hands-on experience with mobile/fixed plant equipment processes and their associated support functions (maintenance, purchasing, accounting, marketing, etc.) She has worked in 10 states, Canada, Australia and South America.
Kay’s first project in mining was to design and implement the mobile equipment tracking system for Idaho’s Thompson Creek molybdenum mine in the early 80’s. The following year she was asked to modify it for surface coal operations. That system preceded satellite systems like Modular, but contained the same tracking elements for equipment productivity and delay management. Kay have been involved in many different roles, projects and functional activities over the past 3 decades, including helping companies improve performance and culture. Like many people in mining today, Kay’s history in mining goes way back…
“My grandfather fought in World War I, then operated a steam shovel in the coal fields of Ohio after the war. This is a picture of his Marion Shovel and his commemorative copper medallion. Maybe my passion for helping mines succeed was passed to me long ago….”
Speaking Truly, Dealing Truly, Living Truly…
Kay graduated from Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management and is Founder and President of OptimiZ Consulting LLC. Kay is certified in quality improvement and is a CMC (Certified Management Consultant). Only 1% of all consultants are awarded this certification, which is earned through client testimonials, ethical practices, and a working knowledge of consulting processes that maximize client value.
She is a certified member of the Institute of Management Consultants, a professional member of the National Speakers Association and belongs to the American Society for Quality and SME (Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration). She is a past member of the Arizona Quality Alliance, Institute of Management Accountants, Industrial Minerals Association of North America (Best Practice Chair), Arizona Mining Association (Public Relations Chair), Arts and Business Council of Greater Phoenix, and the Gilbert AZ Economic Development Council.
Kay has spoken at over 25 conferences and conventions in 8 states, Canada and Australia over the past 15 years. Her enlightening and motivational keynotes focus on changing perceptions about opportunity and the barriers that get in the way of improvement. She reveals how millions of dollars never appear on the bottom line each year as a result of missed opportunities, relates personal stories about the “people side of improvement”, the barriers that keep us from improving, and empowers clients and audiences to step out of their comfort zones and courageously address problems that “eat their lunch” on a daily basis.
Her first book titled “Building An Opportunity Culture” (2008, two editions)is available under Products/Books on this website. She has over 70 articles in print that highlight management’s challenges with change.
My Business Model Is Unique:
- I am “the firm”, so all my work reflects my personal standards for excellence.
- I choose to work alone because I have total control over the quality of service supplied to my clients.
- A small firm can be extremely effective at large operations with the right implementation strategy.
- Because I work alone, I make all the decisions about quality and commitments.
- I provide maximum flexibility because I customize my work to meet your needs.
- I hold myself accountable for the highest ethical standards.
- I am honest about what I can do for you.
- We will work as partners to achieve your goals.
- I do my best to follow through on time with the quality promised.
Prior Clients include:Chinalco Peru, Freeport McMoran, Rio Tinto, Peabody Energy, Cleveland Cliffs, ICG, MDL, etc.
An odorless invisible element defined as a favorable set of circumstances in business. The only element with an infinite atomic number and weight. When discovered, it reacts with management strategies and corporate cultures to produce a desirable green substance found in financial institutions.