Box 337, Gilbert, AZ 85299 USA
HOW IT WORKS
TRUTH, TRUST & TONS: TAKING YOU THE “REST OF THE WAY” TO OPTIMIZATION
Often companies focus heavily on equipment and systems to achieve optimization, but forget that the people need to behave differently to make it happen. In truth, an equal emphasis must be placed on the culture and management system to truly optimize performance and maximize profit. Without this equal emphasis, “full” optimization cannot be achieved. TRUTH, TRUST & TONS was designed to teach management teams what they need to know to make it happen.
There are three steps to training:
- Management teams are introduced to some new perspectives that help take the blinders off and help them step away from old practices long enough to see how some of those practices may not have been yielding the result they desired.
- The team learns how to identify and calculate losses associated with weak management practices and the culture, then integrate that data into their decision-making process. By doing this, they understand the profit potential of their value stream AND culture. They learn about links between profit, culture and change, and the cost of mistrust and weak department relationships.
- The team learns strategies for converting losses caused by the culture to profit FOR FREE! These strategies include intentional actions that the team must take to build trust in the organization and strengthen collaboration between departments to prevent losses and increase the ROI for projects. They also learn that losses have occurred in the past because of a lack of awareness of this linkage, and that they can make different choices that will increase profit through the culture, not the equipment.
TRAINING WITH AN ROI:
TRUTH, TRUST & TONS should not be viewed as an expense on a cost report. TT&T is a unique management development program because, during training, the team picks a problem to tackle. We estimate the current loss associated with the problem and track the reduction In loss as the team applies what they learned in class. Often the return involves a gain that far exceeds your investment in training. Sometimes millions of dollars are at stake and all that’s required are different words and actions by the management team.
Management team training is completed in a few weeks because of the narrow focus on management’s role in change and optimization. It can be compared to SAFETY HAZARD TRAINING – in fact, you could call it HAZARD TRAINING FOR CHANGE because you learn about the hazards in change and optimization and steps to take to avoid them.
- Innovative analogies, memorable interactive exercises, role plays, and mining case studies that promote collective mindset shifts for the team.
- A high focus on management perspectives and barriers linked to VALUE STREAM MANAGEMENT.
- Three barrier types and four management beliefs that impact profit, culture, credibility & change.
- Teams also learn 3 management strategies for removing barriers.
- Management decision tools connected to potential, optimization and change.
- The impact of management team interactions on profit, optimization, culture and change.
- Trust, freedom to speak about problems, and working relationships.
LIVE REMOTE TRAINING AND COACHING IS AN OPTION FOR YOUR TEAM.
The following video captured a 30-minute live remote session presented at a recentMiningIQMine Procurement Conference in Brisbane, Australia. The topic is procurement’s role in optimization, something that you may not have considered. Technology has greatly improved for interactive video platforms. We use a state-of-the-art interactive HD audio/video platform that allows every participant to clearly see and hear each other (not Skype). This video is an example of how interactive optimization training and coaching can be delivered to your team remotely, eliminating travel cost and increasingscheduling flexibility. Feedback from the Brisbane conference was so positive that MiningIQ asked Kay to present at their Perth Mine Procurement Conference later that year.
Tactics are actions taken to achieve a strategic result. Included in this work are:
- Reinforcement of new perspectives.
- Assessment of management decision tools for weaknesses that cause losses and hinder optimization. Needed changes are identified and prioritized. The team is in charge of making the changes, but will be guided and assisted by Kay.
- New behaviors will be practiced. A sports team wins because they practice off the field before the game. This program provides plenty of practice “off the field” behind closed doors so that the team is confident about what to do differently when it does count.
- Integration of optimum data in decision making and target setting.
- Interactions that build trust and credibility.
- Interactions that change the way the organization works together
- Measuring success and providing for sustainability:
- Your team will:
- Be able to quantify hidden potential and track your progress in capturing it.
- Set new expectations for behaviors that deliver value.
- Understand the cost of mistrust and division in the organization.
- Know how to build trust to change culture and make more money.
- Work together by choice in order to make money and solve problems quickly.
- Know how their choices impact profit, culture and change.
- Understand the losses associated with culture, measure those losses and make changes that reduce them.
- Track the change process and loss reduction for the project selected during training
- Your team will:
- A sustainability module will be designed based on the current culture and needs of the company. Kay will work with the training department on developing this module and determining how training will take place. This module will be required as people transition into a management role.
YOU ARE CLOSER THAN YOU THINK TO ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS FOR CHANGE!
CALL US AT 480-545-9095 or 480-223-2230 to learn more!
An odorless invisible element defined as a favorable set of circumstances in business. The only element with an infinite atomic number and weight. When discovered, it reacts with management strategies and corporate cultures to produce a desirable green substance found in financial institutions.