OptimiZ Consulting LLC
3RD STAGE MANAGEMENT:
Taking You the Rest of the Way To Optimization
MOVING BEYOND IMPROVEMENT TO THE "BEST YOU CAN BE!"
PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION ... CHANGE ACCELERATION ... PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ... PROJECT MANAGEMENT ... CULTURE CHANGE
MANAGEMENT TEAM EFFECTIVENESS ... REMOVING THE BARRIERS THAT HOLD YOU BACK!
KAY SEVER, CMC, CQIA - 32 YEARS IN MINING, 13 YEARS IN IMPROVEMENT CONSULTING
“Kay helped our managers see the world differently and zero in on the best value opportunities”...Peabody Energy
IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!
IF YOU WANTED TO GO TO THE MOON, you would need a rocket with 3 stages. The 3RD STAGE takes the rocket out of orbit and all the way to the moon. Without the 3RD STAGE, the journey is impossible to complete.
IF YOU OWNED A RACE CAR, you would invest the time and money to build a perfect racing machine. But... if the track was filled with tree limbs, potholes and traffic cones, you would be forced to drive slow and you would NEVER FIND OUT what your car was really capable of doing.
CHANGE AND OPTIMIZATION ARE LIKE ROCKETS AND RACING! Companies seek optimization, not realizing they are missing 3rd Stage management components required to achieve it. Companies invest time and money in equipment and processes (their race cars) to optimize performance, but NEVER EXPERIENCE THE BEST that their people and equipment can deliver because they did not "CLEAR THE TRACK" of barriers that sabotage change!
These questions are linked to barriers to change. IF YOU ANSWERED YES to these questions, hidden barriers in the management system and culture are likely causes of your shortfalls. With a simple focus on barriers to change, you can simultaneously optimize performance, transform culture, empower management teams and change faster. Sound impossible? I can show you show!
- Have you set expectations or made promises about change that you could not keep?
- Have new equipment or systems fallen short of production or cost reduction targets?
- Has management (unintentionally) set targets that are unachievable?
- Are projects poorly managed?
- Is it harder than it should be to solve problems?
- Do departments fail to treat each other like customers?
- Is there a lack of trust between management and the workforce or within the management team?
- EXISTING OPERATIONS - Many existing operations have a long operating history filled with multiple acquisitions and operating strategies. Changes in management philosophy usually mean mixed messages and conflicting priorities that people remember decades later. As a result, mistrust often separates management and the workforce. Recurring problems go unsolved or unaddressed - in fact, they are accepted as "just the way things are here". Traditional approaches to change WILL NOT FIX these issues. How much more money would you make if people were able to focus 100% on performance goals instead of these distractions?
- START-UP OPERATIONS - You have a one-time opportunity to employ a management system designed for optimization starting on Day 1. Traditional management systems fall short in several areas, which is a big reason that change seems hard and takes longer than expected. You have already invested in great equipment to maximize production...why not create an optimization culture capable of capturing all the value that your site can deliver? You can do it with the right management system drivers!
IT'S TIME TO TAKE THE LID OFF THE JAR AND REACH YOUR POTENTIAL!
Once your team works with Kay, they will NEVER GO BACK to their old way of thinking about change and their role in change! Kay only takes a few clients a year... should your company be one of them? CALL KAY TODAY to learn more about the POWERFUL OUTCOMES of this optimization approach. She works with MINES, PLANTS and SUPPLIERS!
Maximizing value requires capturing potential. Companies know how to reach for potential but lack data and tools to capture it. For example, potential is not on the general ledger, so people tend to focus on actuals (data from the past) and budget (the plan), not on "what's left to get". As a result,
The solution is moving to "3rd Stage Management", where capturing potential becomes reality. I am the industry expert in site-wide optimization and can lead you through a systematic approach that 1) aligns your management system and culture to potential and 2) removes the barriers to your success. It's time to start maximizing earnings from ore bodies and coal seams currently in production. You are closer to achieving your goals for change than you think... your management system may be all that is standing in your way!
- Management teams make decisions about budgets, capital and expansions without being able to quantify what is possible to achieve.
- People measure success based on the past without "taking the lid off the jar" to see what "could be".
- Barriers hide potential (i.e., conflicting goals, departments that don't work together, and mistrust between management and the workforce).
- Management teams do the best they can under these circumstances, unaware that their management system is working against them!
Call me to maximize your chance for optimization and real culture change. I only take a few clients a year. Should your company be one of them?
CALL TODAY TO LEARN MORE - 480-545-9095 OR 480-223-2230
December, 2013 - SME Fall Meeting, Tucson, AZ
"CULTURE'S ROLE IN MINE OPTIMIZATION"
September 10, 2013 - Optimizing Mine Operations Conference, Toronto, Canada - Pre-Conference Workshop
"BREAKING WITH THE OLD: EXAMINING NEW WAYS TO INTEGRATE AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGY INTO YOUR MINING OPERATION"
August 21-22, 2013 - Project Management Institute, Phoenix, AZ
"TOO MUCH SUNLIGHT, NOT ENOUGH WATER - AN IMBALANCE THAT AFFECTS PROJECT SUCCESS"
May 20, 2013 - Haulage & Loading Conference, Phoenix, AZ
"TRUTH, TRUST & TONS - SOLUTIONS FOR THE HIDDEN COSTS OF REACTIVE CULTURES IN MINING"
Twitter: Follow my tweets about mining challenges and change @MiningChangeKay
LinkedIn: Join my group: Mining Performance & Culture Change
"Management's job is to see the company not as it is... but as it can become." - John W. Teets
OPPORTUNITY: An odorless invisible element defined as a favorable set of circumstances in business. The only element with an infinite atomic number and weight. When discovered and captured, it reacts with improvement programs and corporate cultures to produce a desirable green substance found in financial institutions.